Market access begins with coverage. Manufacturers have always struggled with whether they have the right distribution strategy. And as B2B customers change how and where they source products, the manufacturers’ go-to-market strategy has grown more complex.
If you don’t evolve your channel management with the market changes, conflict with your channel partners will grow, and your market share will suffer.
Partner with Indian River Consulting Group’s experts to realign your channel practices to the market.
How We Help You Select the Right Distribution Channel Management Strategy
Indian River Consulting Group specializes in highly competitive B2B markets where traditional wholesaler-distributors are a primary channel to market. We help manufacturers properly evaluate and optimize their distributor network, while increasing trust among channel partners and minimizing conflict.
Our process will help you:
- Assess market and channel alignment. We’ll identify what’s good, bad or missing in your channel strategy based on your firm’s goals.
- Regain alignment with a plan to transition from your current state to the ideal state, which is different for every company and situation.
- Maintain market access. Don’t just set a strategy and forget about it. A successful channel strategy requires constant monitoring and ongoing adjustments to keep pace with market changes.
How We’ve Helped Manufacturers Like You
- We helped a market leader resolve conflicts between a large distributor fulfillment channel and a specialty distributor channel that captured position with OEM specifications. We helped them reallocate resources and adjust policies to dramatically reduce conflict.
- We helped two global manufacturers of capital equipment complete a joint venture that required rationalizing two different models into one that was appropriate for the market they were entering.
- We worked with a manufacturer of raw materials who competed globally with four other producers to craft a channel model that enabled them to optimize earnings by trading out customers and distributors.
- We helped a division of a Fortune 50 firm with poor growth and financial returns develop a different go-to-market model that eliminated a field sales force of more than 100 reps. The result was a return to profitability and former growth rates.
- We’ve helped multiple manufacturers evaluate going direct, skipping distribution altogether. Each found their own path and made adjustments that reduced conflict and improved alignment. None of them, post-project, decided that going direct was their best option.
IRCG has not only worked with dozens of manufacturers to realign their channel strategies, we have a solid understanding of the academic research on manufacturer-distributor channel management, and have rendered several expert opinions in legal conflicts between channel partners. We also teach on the subject at the university level.
Is it time for you to examine and improve your channel management practices? Reach out for a conversation today.
Give us a call today to learn more: 321-956-8617